Tuesday, July 27, 2010


learning how to do these post thingers....i think i am getting it.

I made this in February, a great month to bury yourself inside where it's warm. I sold it a few weeks ago to a lovely lady named Alli, she was giving away this for a dear and special friend. This was the first "big" sale at any market, so THANK YOU ALLI!

I have to say, giving this up was really hard to do. The tree pendant has been one of those pieces I am really proud of. A very good man, Merlin (my stone guy) gave me that gorgeous piece of ocean jasper...and everyone who I showed it to just fell in love. He cuts the most gorgeous pieces of stone. My mother and even close friends were like "don't sell that till I get paid next..." but I am very glad and lucky that it went home with a local gal. The funny thing is, Alli gave it to her very good friend who sets up at the farmers market right next to me! Charisse told me "it's one of my favorite things I own." what a good home for my little tree. The other very serendipitous part is this: Charisse is looking to re-do her logo for her screenprinting business....a TREE. Now I KNOW that was meant to be. Wonderful how jewelry can be so intimate, a talisman for your life, starting with the crafter behind it. I gave Charisse a big hug, and should have kissed Alli right on the cheek! Thank you ladies for supporting my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment