Sunday, September 19, 2010

For Leif




I have been so excited to post these pictures...there is such a great meaning behind making a ring for a specific person....

THis ring I made for a friend, Heidi, so she could gift it to her husband of 10ish years. It is stamped with some original designs of my own. I love these two, they spend a lot of time apart seasonally with the job Leif has as a fire lookout, and it is so cool and inspiring to create this piece for them. These two have such a great appreciation for craft, as Heidi is a ceramics artist and creates a life enriched in all things handmade. Her home is such a nest of creativity...One day I want a studio out in the woods, just like hers. And I feel so honored to be a part of this!

The ring: a symbol of life continuing, of rebirth, of the cycle of the moon, the earth, and of life; a balancing act of feminine and masculine, the symbol of commitment






No comments:

Post a Comment