Friday, November 9, 2012

Bob Marshall ~ Voices of the Wilderness Art Auction

(Bob Marshall)

The Bob Marshall Wilderness is a place not far from where I live.

a really special place.










Jesse and I did a trip a few years ago....
A great adventure.
(Jesse split open his leg on a rock the very last day we were in the woods, down to the bone, and I had to do some emergency backcountry stitches. 10 to be exact.  That's not exactly in my repertoire. but it all worked out and we hiked out the next day.  I'd post pics, but every time I see them, a cold chill shoots down my spine.  Amazing what a little adrenaline will do to you, even years after...)

In it's 6th annual Art Auction, I have had the great pleasure to make a piece of work whose proceeds directly benefit the Bob Marshall Wilderness Foundation.  And it's fun, coming up with new "wild" pieces.

This year was no different.

I've made a belt buckle this year...with a pack train.  
All Copper and Brass, with a heavy patina.

Called "Dawn Patrol"
.....






I dont know about you,
Belt Buckles make me feel like a bad-a**

A bad-a** buckle,

for a bad-a** foundation.

The Bob Marshall Wilderness.

A pretty Bad A** place.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Erin! That must have taken some courage to stitch a wound like that, I'm not surprised that it gives you the shivers still.
    And your belt buckles are awesome!
    Xo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ShannonAnn! The pictures I went through give me that gutteral "YUCK!" feeling! But what doesn't kill ya' makes you stronger, yeah?

    ReplyDelete