Monday, April 15, 2013

Today's conversation.

Erin:
Speak up.
Your world lately is a bag of gray.
Your words are mismatched.
Your face with two sides seems to hide from the sun.
You're all blank stares and sharp tongue.

You seem to have lost something, 
but really aren't sure what to look for.
Is it your world?
Has it become too small for you and the life you thought you wanted?
The bricks on your feet are apparent...
even I can see that.

What the hell are you doing?
What are you waiting for?
Those wandering eyes and wavering heart are exhausting.
You are wearing me out like pencil lead...

I am sick of this inherent second-guessing of yourself
and the world you created.
Either lay in the bed you made,
or burn it.

We both know dead-ends are also beginnings.

I am tired of your flip-flopping.
of your incessant dilly-dallying.
You have a million things to do,
and still RIGHT NOW are avoiding your day.

I need you to cooperate with me.
I need you to hear me out.
I need you to get it going.
Whatever *it* is.

I understand you aren't sure which way
the best way is.
Well, lemme tell ya'.
There ISN'T one.

This shit is hard.
and you chose it.
There is no blame for your frustrations...
because YOU are your frustrations.
You are not the average joe,
so stop acting like one.


There is no perfect formula,
and this is not about math.
This is your gut and your heart here...
and you're pretty keen on using both usually.

So what's the big deal?
You afraid? Lost? Lazy? 
a combination?

Tired. yes.
I know.

But really, who isn't?
you aren't so special in your way, 
and everyone's bound to re-evaluate.

That's what they call growth.
and it's good.

Better than you think.
Believe me.
You can thank me later.

Regards,
Erin.

...























2 comments:

  1. You are definitely better than you think -- more talented, more creative, more inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you dearie, just one of those days yesterday...dragging my feet.

    ReplyDelete