Monday, March 14, 2011


New piece I have been neglecting to post about.....ironic.

since this piece is all about T I M E

and I feel like I have none.

holy moly.


Stamped with little "T"'s .....
.
TIME FOR LIVING.....
This piece has been such fun, I really enjoyed the process here. I really tried to go out on a limb and try something a little different, experimenting with layers, and stamps, and more than one stone. I also reeeeealy love these two colors together, something very old and traditional about pairing amber and turquoise, some of the oldest known amulets in human time.

AS FAR AS LIVING GOES....Time has been kicking my butt. I needed to stamp that phrase into some metal, an affirmation that hard work pays off, and a simple reminder to NOT ALWAYS WORK. All work and no play makes me a dull girl.

Balance this year has been one hellofa challenge, and tests me every day. Can I make this work? Do I want it bad enough? Did I make the right decisions? Could I be better? and the answer to all of that......well......

yes.

yes to all of it!


I got some really great advice a few weeks ago, about process and the jewelry biz. I was told to concentrate on MAKING, and not on all the other business-y sided stuff. I was told to get in that studio, and just create until there was nothing left. Create. Make. Create. Build. Make.

So that is what I have been trying to do lately....just make......get out of the little box and make.

ALSO.....update on the building of my STUDIO! We have named it the bungalito.

roofing day!

I will post more pics of this little space, because it has been changing so fast every day! There's actually tar paper on it now, I've GOT to go out and shoot a few more pictures before it becomes a REAL building!

No comments:

Post a Comment