Thursday, May 5, 2011

building character.....


I know......

That the hard stuff makes you stronger....

yes I know.....

You only get better with practice and challenge.....

But SERIOUSLY.....my Repair class.....the class I will NOT miss as this semester comes to a halt....


IS SO FRICKIN HARD.


The picture above is one of the most ridiculously hard soldering assignments I have EVER done....and lets just say I am SO GLAD its over.

Yep....Those are silver chains.....some with links no bigger than 2 mm. And one of 'em is that sneaky snake chain that just sucks.....at life.

AND YOU WANT ME TO CUT THEM OPEN AND THEN ATTEMPT TO SOLDER THEM BACK TOGETHER!!???? WITHOUT MELTING THEM!!!???

Oh man. Like I said....glad its over.

School is officially done monday. And then I will need a 12 hour nap, and a stiff drink. Maybe not in that order.

And then it's off to ALASKA!!! I will always plan trips at the end of semester now, it makes things so much more of a celebration....finishing only means you get to go on VACATION!







1 comment:

  1. I do not envy you having to repair those. Such tedious work if you ask me. Good for you for having tackled it!! It will definitely make you a stronger jeweler.

    ReplyDelete