Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In love with wax...



New to me.....and in love.....

Wax carving!!!


It's a turtle sitting on a little lotus leaf.....

My first wax-carving casted ring!

Needs a little clean-up and maybe some liver of sulfur, but I am so excited about this new medium! Casting has been a very cool class this semester, and I see a burnout kiln and centrifugal caster in my future....maybe a good summer money goal.....

And a few class projects in my design and rendering class I also made out of wax and will set some awesome peridot stones in them.....more on that later.....



What a semester.....There have been so many things I have learned and gained this spring....but honestly....I can't wait to be done. Jesse and I leave for our three week Alaska trip this coming Wednesday....and that's really all I can think about. I have so much stuff at school to turn in, so many assignments due, it's literally been a studio marathon the past two weeks. Work is thankfully slow, but gotta start thinking summer at the brewery....so there's a whole 'nother set of things to do, a culminating list that I think never really ends. BUt if you'll notice, there are things actually crossed off the list.......not enough......but it's a start!

Thankfully, it's been a fairly gray spring so far, so today is a great day to bury myself in the studio, with a whole crap-ton of school stuff to do.

One day I will make jewelry that isn't an assignment again. One day soon.
Till then, I will continue geeking out, crossing off things on my never-ending list.

Thank god we are going to Alaska, light at the end of this tunnel!

1 comment: