Sunday, February 5, 2012

spinners and tribulations....




Spinner Ring!

new in the shop today.


...............

...and If I can learn to leave well enough alone with these buggers, i'd like to make a few more. They are full of surprises, spinner rings. Especially this style, with rails... One minute you thing you've got it, and you're on top of your metalsmithing bench beating your chest in pride and satisfaction. The next, you've slopped solder in the wrong place, or hammered something just a touch too much, and there you are....humbly defeated, ring frozen in-between your rails. No spin, no spinner ring. Tears well up...and tossing something hard and heavy across the room sounds like a good idea.
Bi-polar little projects. They make me crazy. But they make me better too.

I do love making them. And so I will just hope for the best, every time.

also....

question for the metal people.
(Does Stop-Flo...the green stuff....freeze? or loose it's potency?
Mine is a considerably different consistency than I remember, and I don't know if it froze, or went bad, or if it just is like that. Maybe that's part of my spinner-ring dilemma.)

.......

Off to the studio. I may throw something, just to get that part out of the way : )

...........

No comments:

Post a Comment