Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. 
 ~Thomas Edison




Turquoise invasion!

These babies I just picked up.  And they are a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

The guy I bought them from says they're Tibetan....I am such a sucker for turquoise.

So excited to make some jewels this week...I hope.

I am thinking feathers.  Sterling ones.....



I haven't been much in the studio this week, but managed to whip out some bezels for these awesome rocks. I have picked up a little work doing some landscaping for a friend, and the money is good.  I work all day, in the dirt, and I don't have to talk to anyone if I don't want. 
 Head in the clouds, hands in the dirt.  

The only thing is,  I know I could be doing other things.  Balancing money, work , studio stuff, and the growth of a business is.....well....a full time job.  I'm now whining, and I realize what I am trying to do is great, and rewarding, and fun, and exciting....but damn,  at the end of the day.....I am scared. and stumbling.

I have also received notice of my student loans in repayment as of June 1st.  

Uhhhhhh.....

what.

the.

f.



Tex is hungry.  

And is ready for a break from my tiny studio.

Man,  all I want to do is stay.
Off to the weeds. and the dirt.


Maybe tomorrow I will have something in silver for you!




1 comment:

  1. Erin, you are doing so great and you have done soooo much in the last few years! Give yourself a pat on the back because you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete