Sunday, July 29, 2012



First Strawberries!

Bare Root Plants in the ground planted on 6/12...
first crop coming in this week.

So stinking exciting.

and soooo delish over angel food cake.
(that's the plan, although i know they're half gone as i type)


...



Summer is zinging by, doesn't it feel like that?  I can't believe it's almost august...it seems like just yesterday we were building a place to PUT the strawberries, and now, I am reaping the benefits of my own garden. cool.  

I feel so fortunate this summer to be able to really focus on my work, my home, and my garden.  What a blessing, really....I admitted to a stranger at the farmer's market last week that "i feel like such a spoiled brat...so at least i own it, right?!" and she laughed....but REALLY, i was serious.

Farmers markets have been just wonderful this year, and I've been able to meet and greet REAL LIVE etsy customers, give them a hug, watch them show off their jewels to potential farmers market customers, and man, I can't say what a great and humbling experience that is.  Just to know you've started something...something people connect with, and like, and seek out, is actually kind of....well....crazy.

Hope your summer is kickin' ass and takin' names, too.

Cheers, Erin

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Erin! Love the berry bowl - I have one too. What're you working on this week?
    Jo in WI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Stackers up the yin-yang....I have some market catching up to do : ) Love me that bowl....

    ReplyDelete