Wednesday, August 4, 2010






This is such an exciting day! "BE THE CHANGE" is the first finished piece on my new workspace, my lovely FUNCTIONING workspace! I cant even explain how giddy I am to actually have a day off to play in metal, I have missed it so much...

This ring is my first attempt at signing my pieces in metal, see the little leaf with the heart...there's supposed to be a stamped "E" next to it, but it didn't turn out so hot. I think i may have buffed it right off...oops. learning curve.

THis cab is too cool, a fused glass piece in crazy sparkle and green. I stamped the inside with the phrase `BE THE CHANGE'....a perfect mantra for those, like me lately, who are feeling a little stuck. Its a great reminder that you are the change, if you want it, you can make it happen. I must say that this is a direct reflection of me and my life lately...I love how creating for me can be such an outlet, subconscious and conscious, for direct problems and hurdles in life. I am in a funny place lately, I have this amazing studio space, with all the tools and materials I need. I know what I need to do, sit down and take myself seriously in the studio, but my day job seems to eat up a lot of my energy. So if anything, this ring is a daily reminder to be what you want, be where you want to be, and mostly, if you don't like it, CHANGE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment