Thursday, November 11, 2010


I have been wanting to make fun and brainless stuff in the studio lately, something that is just easy and requires not a lot of thinking or planning. There's so much into building jewelry that is all planning, measuring, exactness....otherwise your stone won't fit or your piece will melt. I feel like that has been happening to me a lot lately, So these babies are all about instant gratification. Hammer 'em and wear 'em, that's the idea.

I regretfully do not know who bid and won my bob marshall piece. Jesse and I left in a bit of a blur, and didn't realize till we both got home that neither of us knew the home of my necklace! SO if you are out there, first thank you for supporting such a cool organization, and second, congrats! I almost kept it for myself, but would have been ridden with guilt knowing I really did build it specifically for the Bob. What a great night, and one hellofa turnout.

I also have been, as my mom would say, "marinating" on a certain word and theme that seems to keep sneaking up in my life lately. I have had some really lovely conversations with some of my favorite people, and cannot shake this word.....in fact it really won't leave me alone.

Fulfillment.


And maybe its so profound because of the connection between that and craft, or just my life, or balancing them.....I am still marinating as to why this word is so profound lately, and would love to pour it into a piece of jewelry, but honestly, I am still trying to figure out why this is hitting a nerve with me, in a good way. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment