Saturday, October 30, 2010


The Chinese Wall in The Bob Marshall Wilderness...



My new awesome pendant for the wilderness foundation Art Auction...this is the first piece I have ever put in an art showing, let alone an auction....Excited? YES!


I have had the pleasure of spending time in one of the most awesome areas of wilderness in the West, the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex. It is literally out my back door, and many of my friends work in "the bob" seasonally. Jesse and I did a 7 day backpacking trip into the heart of the bob, the chinese wall...It's a limestone wall 15 miles long and a little less than 2,000 feet shear drop down. It was always one of those places that I just had to experience. It runs like a backbone through the heart of wild montana. The most amazing parts of this country are hidden gems that can only be accessed by foot or pack-mule, and the Bob is no exception. We hiked almost 70 miles in 7 days, and barely saw a soul. There's so much peace to be found on a long walk.

So this year I am dedicating and donating this pendant to the Bob Marshall Wilderness Foundation. A silent auction will fuel this non-profit for the next season, and I am so happy to be a part of it this year.

Click this link to check out more about this awesome not-for-profit....


I pierced out some abstract-y beargrass and paired it with a montana agate I scored from merlin (i just love that guy) and a quote from John Muir.

The Mountains are calling and I must go. -John Muir

John Muir has some other lovely quotes I think will have to go on another few pieces.....

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.-JM

God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools. -JM

“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.”

“Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."



No comments:

Post a Comment