Sunday, June 19, 2011


Mariposa lillies, sometimes called butterfly tulips, are my favorite wildflower. They are so simple and gorgeous. They stand alone, on one stalk, and command attention. There are so many different kinds, they are all over the country, but I saw them a lot in Colorado growing up, and there are a lot in Glacier National Park. Like this pretty little one:


Calochortus apricultus


a pretty awesome little flower.

this flower is all over Glacier Park, and every time I see it, it's love.

After writing yesterday's post, a little more melodramatic than I meant, I realized I hadn't shared my newest piece. I also realized, it's not so bad, I like my job and the freedom it can create for me. I do miss my new friends, but I am so blessed to have some pretty rad friends here too.
Studio time has been rare, yes, but I had this piece almost wrapped up before AK, and so all I had to do when I got home was pop in this be-a-uuuutiful little moonstone. I rarely get the opportunity to make myself something, and this little pendant I think I am going to have to keep. For a lot of reasons.




Moonstones have always been associated with women. They represent the wain and wax of the moon, mooncycles, and all things female. Moonstone is a representation of the mother goddess, and helps to experience, process and balance emotions. It is a direct reflection of the wearer, neither detracts or adds, and helps to show what "is".

That being said, I can't think of a better stone for me lately. Processing life has been a great and beautiful challenge lately, lots of great changes and opportunities. Lots of stuff.....big stuff...to process. More on that later. In the meantime, I am going to run fast to the studio before something gets in the way!
love, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment