Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dark and Stormy studs











A day spent without the sight or sound of beauty, the contemplation of mystery, or the search of truth or perfection is a poverty-stricken day; and a succession of such days is fatal to human life.~Lewis Mumford

what a magical little set of studs.

magic.

i swear.


magic and.....
a little liver of sulphur.

These are actually faceted rose quartz stones, very clear, barely pink at all. The liver of sulphur bath I used to darken the metal kind-of leaked through the backplate, and I got this ridiculous patina UNDERNEATH the quartz.

Planned? Nope.
Surprised with what I got? Yes.
Sure I can do it again? Definitely not!

............ but I got magic nonetheless. They have the feel of lavender, or labradorite. Flashy and dark, but light and friendly. They're like the good witches pair of earrings...

Mystery in a set of studs.
Sometimes it's better when there isn't a plan...


...Listed on Etsy....

2 comments:

  1. sometimes my favorite effects and designs come from mistakes or surprises! that's what makes real art so frickin cool!

    ReplyDelete