Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So here it is, another year ahead.

and I am full of butter.
and sugar.
and caffeine.
and all the fixings of a great holiday dinner.

and I feel like sh*#

....

I think one of the best things I can do for myself right now, in order to BUILDa better me...

is change my eating.

and do a little body house-cleaning...so to speak.
Now I don't want to start blogging about diet, or my diet, or a specific diet prescribed...to each their own, really.

but I will say this.

I am not a "diet-y" kind of person.

I have learned from my mama to eat well, take care of my body, and I am pretty active outdoors. Some of my favorite books are about the relationship we have with food, growing food, and eating food. I wouldn't say I need to loose weight, and this is NOT what my intended plan is. But, in lieu of the holidays, I most definitely can say I have de-railed my fairly healthy-concious eating habits with too many mexican wedding cake cookies, too many late afternoon cups of coffee, and let's just say I had my fair share of hot buttered rums (which are my absolute favorite, by the way, rivaled next to my love of red wine and irish whiskey)
....

I have invited a few friends, and Jesse, to a 14-day detox and cleansing diet. And we started yesterday.

The first week is eating super healthy. no wheat, no dairy. a ridiculous amount of organic greens I've never even known to exist.

and flax.
(wtf is flax?)

and hemp whey.
(ditto?)

and the whopper will be the fast on sunday.
...

I've done fasting before, in healthy realms, in healthy times in my life. There are good ways to go about not eating for a day....And actually, I am looking forward to it. It is a great time to focus on the now, and slow down a bit in life. a great time to build.

....

Keep you posted as the week progresses. Like I said, I don't want to blog about diet, or my diet, but I thought it worth mentioning.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Erin, please visit my blog to pick up a gift for you! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. headed there now.....?.....exciting!

    ReplyDelete