Thursday, October 13, 2011

rings rings rings





Well hello there! Thought I would share some custom ring projects I have wrapped up since my last post....

These are the first set of wedding rings I have done! VERY exciting! I owe it all to the lovely Karen at the college for her expertise and her Ferric Chloride....we did an etching with some nasty black goo called esphaltum, and some nasty orange eat-your-face-and-your-metal chemicals....very cool process....I hope to do it again soon....so much potential...resist-etching is coooool!


Also Tim's awesome spinner ring I should have had done months ago....sorry TIM!



I am so proud of these, mostly just because it goes to show how much I have learned in the past two years in and out of schooling....I can do this! It's nice to sit in front of a piece of metal, see what you want to make, and then just...well....make it. Tim's spinner ring was another of those projects that you just feel good about yourself after you finish it, and also so very glad it all went smoothly. I mean, weirdly smoothly.

But I gotta say. Do you know Murphy?

I do.

Google says this about him: Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".

Murphy and his law....he is a VERY real thing......I think a person....a person who snickers at your every blunder....he stands in the corner of my studio, crossed arms, and just smirks...and waits.....he sure is a finicky guy. I imagine he's probably a picky eater, and an enormous critic. He is that smelly thing, the enigma, the chance that you will melt your metal in the wrong place, ruin your stones, change your deadlines. I think all artists at one point get to know Murphy and his law really well....and all i have to say is....

damn him.




2 comments: