Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Emerging Beetle Bug


emerge: to come into being through evolution




Green Druzy and Yellow Sapphire.

an emerging beetle.

out of the dirt, from the long winter.

crawling it's way to new territory.




Emerge has lots of meaning for me this time of year. I am almost done with school. 3 weeks and I will graduate from this path of jewelry-student to Jeweler. *sigh of relief* I feel as if I am emerging, from a life in school, in classes, as a student, into the world as a fresh and totally naive student of the universe. I am emerging out of my little safe world, where all the material and tools are paid for and at my disposal any day of the week, to this crazy exciting unknown. To my own path, one not defined by cirriculum and G.P.A.'s......and that sounds lovely.

Honestly, I have been in and out of this 2 year program in Kalispell for a little over 3 years now, bopping in and out when it worked for me. I was able to define my academic calendar on my own terms, in my own way. I tried the University scene over the course of 10+ years (twice in different states) and it just never left me satisfied. Between moving, traveling, and a course not definable at the time, I can't say I'd do it differently. I am all about my "own program", as a dear friend defines it, and I wouldn't take back any of my academic decisions. I did what was right for me, regardless of what academia thought was necessary.

Albert Einstein once said "Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." And I really believe that. Educate yourself the way that works for you, and to hell with everyone else..... So here's to the emerging beetle bug. It wakes up in the dark of it's nest....hiding in the cover of the winter.....not quite lost, but teetering in the newfound light of spring.....from safety and comfort.



emerge.









(I have decided to hang on to this bug, for sentimental reasons....for now)



3 comments:

  1. Amazing talent. The beetle ring is so unique and I can understand wanting to keep it. Found you at Janice's blog. Nice to meet you, dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find the Iron City Bikes sticker yet?

    ReplyDelete